DPA d:vote Core 4099 Instrument Microphone (Loud SPL)
- Lifetime Tech Support
- Best Seller!
- Ask a Question
- Product Highlights
- Supercardioid Polar Pattern
- Designed for Instrument Pickup
- Core Amplifier Increases Performance
- Minimizes Distortion
d:vote Core 4099 Supercardioid Instrument Microphone for Loud SPL
Now with CORE by DPA technology
The d:vote is already the recognized standard for this type of microphone and the CORE version adds just another layer of sound quality that further distances this mic from its competitors. d:vote CORE 4099 brings more clarity and details to your music, across the entire dynamic range. Anyone looking for the very highest sound quality should choose CORE - every musician, live sound engineer and anyone else who takes pride in quality audio.
CORE by DPA is a powerful new technology at the heart of DPA miniature microphones. We've minimized distortion. From pianissimo to forte, you will experience increased clarity and openness. Learn more about CORE by DPA.
From the piano to guitar; strings to woodwinds; brass to percussion, the d:vote Series sounds equally impressive on them all. This one microphone model can beautifully reinforce an entire orchestra. You can move the mic to another instrument; just make sure you have the right type of clip to mount it correctly.The award-winning d:vote series gives you a much more natural sound than any clip-on microphone or pickup. This condenser microphone rejects unwanted noise and accurately captures the true voice of your acoustic instrument.
This microphone comes in two versions:
d:vote CORE 4099 Mic, Loud SPL (red marking on gooseneck) - used to close-mike most types of instruments
d:vote CORE 4099 Mic, Extreme SPL (yellow marking on gooseneck) - used to close-mike extremely loud instruments, such as drums and some brass
The d:vote CORE 4099 also features an enhanced shock mount design, providing excellent isolation from handling noise and rumble. Detachable cables are available in heavy duty or lightweight versions, depending on the application - both are designed to withstand the rigors of daily use. A versatile, integrated gooseneck extender provides easy and repeatable mounting.
All CORE by DPA technology microphones, including the d:vote 4099, are IP58 certified. This durability is achieved through a number of defense mechanisms:
- Water-repellant nano-coating of the cover and housing
- Hermetic sealing of the sensitive amplifier at the core of the mic
- Dual gold plating of the diaphragm
The d:vote CORE 4099 comes with an XLR connector as an adapter. The microphone can easily be connected to a wireless system via an adapter from our extensive range of wireless adapters.
The mics can be easily unclipped and repositioned or moved to another instrument. The mounting system is designed to never blemish or scratch the finish of your instrument. The flexible design supports a wide variety of mounting and positioning possibilities.
You can buy a single d:vote CORE 4099, with or without a specific instrument clip, or you can choose a kit designed specifically for rock or classical applications. These kits come in 4-piece and 10-piece sets combined with the appropriate adapters, clips and cables that make it a breeze to set up your stage.
The mics in this series come in two versions. The d:vote CORE 4099, Loud SPL is perfect for use on a wide range of instruments - from the flute to the guitar, and everything in between. With a max SPL, peak before clipping of 152 dB, the d:vote CORE 4099, Extreme SPL was designed for use on drums, percussion instruments and other very loud instruments like, for example, the trumpet. Both versions of this mic have a supercardioid polar pattern for high rejection and superior gain-before-feedback. The d:vote 4099 also retains a uniform off-axis frequency response to ensure a high-energy, clear live performance.
Let your instrument choose the mic
The d:vote CORE 4099 was designed to get the best performance out of your instrument, so make sure you choose the correct version. We have created clips and mounts to fit a wide range of popular instruments. Even if your instrument is not listed below, there is probably a solution that will meet your needs.
Please note that for each type of instrument we have pre-selected the following parts for you:
- Type of mount
- Type of microphone, i.e. Loud or Extreme SPL
- Type of microphone cable; Ø1.6 mm (0.06 in) or Ø2.2 mm (0.09 in)
- Type of XLR adapter, i.e. either DAD4099 (with build in low cut) or DAD6001 (without low cut)
With each package, you are instantly ready to play your instrument with the microphone attached.
Optional gooseneck extension
The standard gooseneck length is 140 mm (5.5 in). The optional gooseneck extension unit is also available. This adds approx. 50% extra length, which helps reach the sweet spot for some instruments.
The d:vote CORE 4099 Instrument Microphone series features cables that are detachable from the gooseneck. This makes it more convenient to mount the mic on an instrument before connecting it. You can also choose between different cable qualities, making it possible to tailor your mic to a specific task. The heavy duty 2.2 mm (0.09 in) cable is ideal for PA and live gigs. The thinner 1.6 mm (0.06 in) miniature cable is more appropriate for personal mounting on instruments. Both types of cables are strong and durable with an inner core of Kevlar.
Change the mount, not the mic
The d:vote CORE 4099 Instrument Microphone is very adaptable, due to the wide selection of ingenious mounting options offered. Guitar, brass, flute, piano; it is no problem to mount the mic on any instrument. So finding a consistent sound for your mix has never been easier. The d:vote CORE 4099 Instrument Microphone comes with a wide variety of clips for use with specific instruments. Bass, brass, drum, violin and more!
A bit about supercardioids
A supercardioid microphone is similar to a cardioid - it is most sensitive to sound coming in at the front and is least sensitive at the back. Supercardioid mics tend to have a much narrower angle of sensitivity - making them even more focused than a "normal" cardioid mic. This off-axis sound will be more or less colored and damped - and, due to the narrow angle of focus, the area of damped sound is increased significantly. The unique DPA capsule technique however skips the colorization of the sound coming from the sides or the rear of the mic and just reduces the sensitivity to these angles and thereby offers perfect sound stages. The amount of damping depends on the exact specifications of the mic.
Due to their nature, supercardioid mics are often used on the live stage - both during concerts as well as spoken-word events, to capture the focused sound of an instrument or voice. The narrow angle of sensitivity helps to minimize the bleed from other sounds on a busy stage. One thing to note with supercardioid mics is the proximity effect, which causes an increase in bass response the closer the microphone is moved to the sound source. In addition, supercardioid mics are far more sensitive to wind, pop and handling noises than omni mics, so be sure to take precautions to guard against this.
Adapter system gives you flexibility
The adapters for wireless systems give you flexible, simple and affordable possibilities. You are no longer bound to one wireless system. As circumstances change, you can just switch your adapter, instead of incurring the cost of a completely new microphone. When you make the switch, you won't hear any loss or change in sound quality.
The d:fine, d:screet and d:vote series of miniature microphones work with all leading wireless mic solutions, such as, Sennheiser, Shure, Sony, Wisycom, Lectrosonics , Zaxcom and many more. DPA Microphones' ingenious adapter system is one of a kind in the industry. It protects your investment in fantastic sound for years to come.
- CORE by DPA technology inside
- Supercardioid condenser microphone
- Handles high SPLs
- Superior gain-before-feedback
- Flexible and easy mounting
- Gentle and easy to mount on the instrument
- Detachable cable and a versatile gooseneck extender
- Directional pattern: Supercardioid
- Principle of operation: Pressure gradient
- Cartridge type: Pre-polarized condenser
- Effective frequency response: 20 Hz - 20 kHz
- Frequency range, ± 2 dB, at 20 cm (7.9 in): 80 Hz - 15 kHz with 2 dB soft boost at 10-12 kHz
- Sensitivity, nominal, ±3 dB at 1 kHz: 6 mV/Pa; -44 dB re. 1 V/Pa
- Equivalent noise level, A-weighted: Typ. 23 dB(A) re. 20 μPa (max. 26 dB(A))
- Total harmonic distortion (THD): < 1% up to 131 dB SPL peak
- Dynamic range: Typ. 108 dB
- Max. SPL, peak before clipping: 142 dB
- Output impedance: From MicroDot: 30 - 40 Ω. From DAD4099/DAD6001-BC: 100 Ω
- Cable drive capability: Up to 300 m (984 ft) with DAD4099 or DAD6001-BC XLR Adapter
- Output balance principle: Signal balanced with DAD4099 or DAD6001-BC XLR Adapter
- Common mode rejection ratio (CMRR): > 60 dB from 50 Hz to 15 kHz with DAD4099 or DAD6001-BC XLR Adapter
- Power supply (for full performance): Min. 5 V to max. 50 V through DPA adapter for wireless systems
- Current consumption: Typ. 1.5 mA (microphone). 3.5 mA with DAD4099 or DAD6001-BC XLR Adapter
- Connector: MicroDot
- Color: Black
- Weight: 27 g (0.95 oz)
- Microphone diameter: 5.4 mm (0.21 in)
- Microphone length: 45 mm (1.8 in)
- Cable length: 1.8 m (5.9 ft)
- Cable diameter: 1.6 mm (0.06 in) / 2.2 mm (0.09 in)
- Polarity: +V at MicroDot pin for positive sound pressure (and pin 2 on DAD4099 or DAD6001-BC XLR adapter)
- Temperature range: -40°C to 45°C (-40°F to 113°F)
- Relative humidity (RH): Up to 90%
- Gooseneck length: 140 mm (5.5 in)