Korg microKORG 37-Key Synthesizer and Vocoder
- Lifetime Tech Support
- Best Seller!
- Ask a Question
- Product Highlights
- Versatile and Distinctive Vocoder
- 128 Programs for Immediate Use
- a Full Range of Effects
- Freely Settable Arpeggiator
- External Audio Source via Audio Inputs
- MIDI Controller Functionality
- Controls Designed for Easy Access
- Included Mini-Mic
Serious synthesizer and vocoder functionality in a compact package --- the microKORG.
The microKORG is a compact-sized synthesizer that delivers the true enjoyment of synthesis. Underneath its small exterior lurks an amazingly powerful synthesizer. It is fun to play, and it delivers a sound and functionality that will satisfy everyone from the beginner to the professional. Welcome to a world of unlimited creativity.
A bright new color appears for 15th anniversary of microKORG.
It has been fifteen years since microKORG's release in 2002, and now in 2017, a 15th anniversary platinum-color model is now available. The stylish operating panel features a bright color scheme unified by accents such as black wood panels at left and right, making it an exciting color variation model new to the microKORG.
*A limited number of microKORG PT units will be sold.
All specifications other than color are identical to the microKORG model.
Versatile and distinctive vocoder
You can connect a mic to the AUDIO IN1 jack of the microKORG, and use it for a powerful vocoder that applies the tonal character of a vocal input to the sound of an oscillator, producing the impression that it is speaking or singing.
This is an eight-band vocoder (the sixteen filters are used in pairs) that can not only simulate the classic vocoder sounds of the past, but also shift the filter frequencies (Formant Shift function) or even adjust the level and panning of each frequency band to dramatically transform the tonal character and create highly original sounds. In addition, the Formant Hold key freezes the formants of the input vocal signal, allowing you to capture your voice and play it on the keyboard. Since the microKORG ships with a microphone, you can start using the powerful vocoder function immediately.
While vocalizing into the mic and using the keyboard to play vocoder sounds, you can "freeze" the current tone of the vocoder by pressing the Formant Hold key. This allows you to continue to play the current vocoder sound, even when you are not vocalizing. This tone will be remembered when you write the vocoder program to memory. Several of the vocoder bank programs will sound even if you simply play the keyboard. These programs were written with Formant Hold turned on.
128 programs for immediate use
The microKORG contains 128 programs covering a wide range of current and classic synth and vocoder sounds.
From the warm and rounded tones characteristic of analog modeling, to sharp and extreme sounds, you can easily access the sounds you need, thanks to the clear genre categories that the sounds are organized by.
Just select the music style/sound category you want and pick a sound! Once you select a sound the five knobs will control the most important functions you would want in performance for immediate results.
A full range of effects
The microKORG provides three types of modulation effects (chorus/flanger, phaser, ensemble), three types of delay effects (stereo, cross, L/R), and a two-band equalizer to add the finishing touch to your sound. The delay effect can be synchronized with the arpeggiator or an external MIDI clock, a great feature for live performances and groove- oriented music. All effects can be edited simply by turning knobs to create your own unique sounds.
Freely settable arpeggiator
Six types of arpeggio patterns (UP, DOWN, ALT1/2, Random, Trigger) are built in.
You can adjust the length and resolution of the arpeggiated notes, and switch steps on and off to produce cool patterns easily.
Process an external audio source via the audio inputs
The microKORG provides two external audio input jacks. You can apply filtering or effects to an external sound such as a sampler or other audio source to create truly original sounds.
MIDI controller functionality
The microKORG is perfect for use in a computer-based music production setup. Since the five knobs on the panel can transmit MIDI messages (control changes), they can be used as controllers for software synthesizers.
You can use its 37-note velocity-sensitive mini-keyboard for recording into your sequencer. And of course the microKORG can be used as an external sound module with powerful synthesizer and vocoder functionality. Thanks to its small size and battery-powered operation it's the ideal match for use with portable notebook computer systems.
Controls designed for easy access
With its compact design, the microKORG is easy to carry and set up. There's no complex menu structure --- all parameters are right there on the panel for easy access to any function.
Designed for live performance, all the important controls are large and easy- to-read, even on dimly lit stages.
And by taking advantage of its realtime capabilities, you can make your stage sound even more powerful.
Pop and distinctive looks, and an included mini-mic
With its beige-gold body color and wooden side panels, and a retro-feeling design that reflects a pop sensibility, the microKORG projects a powerful visual presence.
Included with the microKORG is a miniature condenser mic for use with the vocoder that can be adjusted to the desired angle.
- Versatile and distinctive vocoder
- 128 programs for immediate use
- A full range of effects
- Freely settable arpeggiator
- Process an external audio source via the audio inputs
- MIDI controller functionality
- Controls designed for easy access
- Pop and distinctive looks, and an included mini-mic
- Sound Generation Method: Analog Modeling Synthesis System
- Multi Timbral: 2 (max, Split/Dual Mode)
- Voices: 4 voices
- Sound Source: 2 Oscillator + Noise Generator,
- Multi Mode Filter(-24dB/octLPF,-12dB/oct LPF/BPF/HPF)
- Virtual Patch×4
- Voices: 4 voices
- Sound Source: 1 Oscillator +Noise Generator
- 8 Channels vocoder
- Level and pan of each channel can be edited
- Formant Shift function
- Programs: 128 programs
- Effects: Modulation effects (3 types), Delay (3 types), Equalizer
- Arpeggiator: 6 types
- Controllers: Real-Time control knob X 4 (3 level Selection), Arpeggio ON/OFF
- Keyboards: 37 Keys (mini-keyboard, keyboard has velocity)
- Inputs: AUDIO IN 1,2, Level switch LINE/MIC, [AUDIO IN 1, 2 (LINE) ], [AUDIO IN 2 (MIC)]
- Outputs: L/MONO, R, Headphones
- MIDI: IN, OUT, THRU
- Display: 3 characters×1 line with 8 segment LED
- Power Supply: DC 9 V (AC adapter), or six AA alkaline batteries (sold separately)
- Power Consumption: 6.4 W (MAX)
- Dimensions (W) x (D) x (H): 524 x 232 x 70mm/20.63" x 9.13" x 2.76"
- Weight: 2.2 kg/4.85 lbs. (without batteries and included microphone)