Primacoustic VoxGuard VU Nearfield Absorber (Mic Stand)
PA SKU # PRA P300010100 MFR # P300 0101 00 UPC # 676101039951
- Lifetime Tech Support
- Best Seller!
- Ask a Question
Order Now! We'll Ship It Fast! This item is currently out of stock. Most out of stock orders ship within just a few days (excluding weekends and holidays). We'll keep you up to date the whole way.
- Product Highlights
- Viewing Window
- Reduces Ambient Room Noise & Reflections
- Ideal for Vocal & Instrument Isolation
- High-Density Open-Cell Foam
- Lightweight ABS Backing Shell
- Adjustable Microphone Placement
- Threaded Mic Stand Adapter Included
- Knurled Ring & Extension Bar Included
Ambient Field Controller, Stand MountThe Primacoustic VoxGuard is a high performance ambient noise absorber designed to surround the microphone and reduce unwanted sounds from contaminating the recording. This nearfield absorber works by creating an acoustic boundary around the microphone that at once contains the voice while eliminating room reflections.
Unlike other similar offerings that employ complex steel parts that are both heavy and cumbersome, the VoxGuard is light weight and extremely easy to use. It starts with a high-impact ABS outer surround shell that snugs onto the mic stand using an included adapter to hold it in place. The light weight design makes positioning the VoxGuard easy without the usual fear of the stand falling over which could ultimately damage the microphone.
This makes the VoxGuard effective when used with round base stands, tripods and even with large studio booms. Once mounted, an innovative rear access cable port allows the microphone to be articulated and directed at a specific source, thus enabling the VoxGuard to also be used as an acoustic screen.
The acoustic magic is performed by a high-density open cell acoustic foam liner. This effectively absorbs the voice range while keeping room ambiance out to produce a dry rendering. This is particularly important when attempting to record in rooms with less than ideal acoustics or in noisy spaces. Since the VoxGuard is 50% larger than comparable products, noise flanking is significantly reduced and performance vastly improved.
The VoxGuard is ideal for recording studio vocals, voice-over tracks for film and TV post production, pod casting and field reporting.
- Controls ambient space around the mic
- Creates intimate sound field
- Delivers cleaner, more articulated, voice track
- Allows you to add ambiance as needed
- Baffel Material: SP-9010 ABS plastic shell, 3/16" (4.5mm) thick
- Black with textured finish
- Absorber Material: 1" High-density open cell acoustic foam, 2.2 lb/per cu-ft, charcoal color
- Dimensions: 18" (wide) x 15" (tall) x 7.5" (deep); 457mm (wide) x 381mm (tall) x 190mm (deep)
- Order Number: P300-0100-00
- Mounting Hardware: Threaded mic stand adapter and knurled ring inluded.
Write Your Own Review
More from Primacoustic