QSC KLA12 12" 2-Way Line Array Loudspeaker (Black)
PA SKU # QSC KLA12BK MFR # KLA12-BK UPC # 684284058041
- Lifetime Tech Support
- Best Seller!
- Ask a Question
Only 2 Left! — In Stock & Ready to Ship Order now! Limited quantity in stock! Most orders placed before 3pm MST ship same day (except weekends and holidays).
- Product Highlights
- Rugged ABS Enclosure
- 12" Woofer
- 1.75" Compression Tweeter
- 500W x 500W Power Amp Module
- XLR and PowerCon Input/Thru Connectors
- Extensive DSP
- Ar-Q Processing
- SOLO Rigging System
- Tilt-Direct Pole Mount
12" Active Two-Way Line Array Loudspeaker - BlackThe KLA Series brings the power and sophistication of a line array system into an easy-to-use product significantly redefining the line array product category. With its simple Lift, Click and Play approach, KLA can be deployed in a fraction of the time required by comparable line array products.
This fixed arcuate, active line array system is ideal for a wide range of portable and permanently installed applications ranging from live entertainment to houses of worship or other venues where a line array system is desired.
KLA Power Module
The KLA Series is comprised of two models, the KLA12 12-inch, 2-way loudspeaker and the KLA181 18-inch subwoofer. The KLA12 features a highly efficient 500 watt by 500 watt power amp
KLA12 Power Module module and the KLA181 offers the same highly efficient power amp module in a 1,000 watt configuration. This efficient design enables up to five KLA models (any combination of KLA12 and KLA181) to be driven off of a single 15 amp, 120 volt electrical circuit.
KLA loudspeakers incorporate QSC's DEEP DSP algorithm - providing extended bass response by actively managing potentially damaging low-frequency transients - and GuardRail circuitry protection which prevents the amplifier module from unnatural and destructive clipping.
As an energy saving feature, the Auto Standby mode automatically engages after five minutes of inactivity but upon resumption of audio signal, the power module on the KLA will awaken instantly for immediate output.
In an installed application, multiple KLA Series loudspeakers can be "daisy-chained" for total gain control from a single remote pot wired to the on-board Phoenix-style connector. Additional power module characteristics on KLA include a balanced, line-level XLR input in parallel with an XLR "Thru" connector, PowerCon In and Thru connectors, Attenuation Control and LED indicators for Signal, Limit, Power and Standby status.
SOLO Rigging System Housed in a rugged ABS enclosure that results in both light weight and long-term durability, the KLA12 features a 12-inch low frequency transducer coupled with a 1.75-inch compression driver. Designed to be used exclusively as a fixed arcuate line array, each KLA12 is set at a 90 horizontal by 18 vertical splay angle, allowing 90 vertical coverage arrays to be configured using only five boxes (most other solutions require six).
KLA's unique self-contained SOLO (Single-Operator Logistics) Rigging System enables users to quickly assemble (and disassemble) the line array in a fraction of the time without the need for special tools or external hardware.
The KLA12 Ar-Q (Arcuate Equalization) processing enables users to quickly tune the array, making appropriate frequency compensation adjustments based on the number of boxes. With the click of a dial, the user can select the total number of boxes deployed in the array resulting in an evenly balanced and accurate tonal curve. QSC's proprietary Intrinsic Correction, first introduced with the WideLine Series, actively adjusts time, frequency and amplitude response to achieve a maximally flat bandpass target.
KLA181 Subwoofer In addition to DEEP DSP algorithm, GuardRail, Auto Standby, balanced line-level XLR input with an XLR "Thru" connector, Attenuation Control and LED indicators, the KLA181 subwoofer also includes a polarity switch to optimize summation between subwoofer and top-boxes.
Rigging & Deployment
For maximum deployment flexibility, KLA loudspeakers can be either ground deployed or flown. As a ground stack, up to two KLA12 enclosures can be mounted over the KLA181 or the KW181 subwoofer via a threaded pole socket, or without a sub using an appropriately rated loudspeaker stand.
KLA12 enclosures also feature the Tilt-Direct 35mm pole socket allowing the loudspeaker to be aimed downward 9 for the best audience coverage.
Arrays of up to 480 lbs (218 kg) (with a maximum five KLA12 and two KLA181 enclosures) can be flown via the included M10 fittings or the optional KLA AF12 array frame.
- 500 W x 500 W power module
- Rugged, ABS enclosure delivers light-weight durability
- SOLO Rigging System supports deployment without tools or external hardware
- Ar-Q Frequency Optimization quickly tunes the array with the click of a dial, adjusting for the appropriate number of boxes
- 10:1 design factor supports arrays of up to 480 lbs. (218 kg) 5 x KLA12 and 2 x KLA181
- 90 x 18 nominal coverage (requires only five boxes to configure a 90 x 90 array)
- High power, 12" low frequency driver provides extension down to 44Hz without subwoofers
- Extensive DSP further enhances and protects performance
- 1.75" diaphragm compression driver delivers clear and powerful high-frequency reproduction
- powerCON Input and Thru connections
- Tilt-Direct pole mount assists directivity in single-unit applications
- Voltage: Universal Power Supply
- High Frequency Transducer: 1.75" diaphragm compression driver
- Nominal Coverage: 90° H x 18° V
- Configuration: Multipurpose 2-way
- Amplifiers Power Output: HF: 500 W Class D continuous LF: 500 W Class D continuous
- Frequency Response (-6 dB): 49 Hz to 18 kHz
- Low Frequency Transducer: 12" cone transducer
- Amplifiers Input Impedance: XLR: 40 kΩ balanced / 20 kΩ unbalanced
- Frequency Range (-10 dB): 44 Hz to 20 kHz
- Maximum SPL (1 meter): 131 dB peak
- Amplifiers Transducer Protection: Thermal limiting, excursion limiting
- Amplifiers Controls: Power, Attenuation, LF Setting (External Sub/Normal/DEEP), Array Size (1-5), Front LED (Pwr/Limit/Off)
- Amplifiers Connectors: Balanced female XLR line level input, Balanced male XLR full range line level out, Remote attenuation control, Locking powerCON power connector AC In, Locking powerCON® power connector AC Out
- Amplifiers Indicators: Power, Signal, Standby, Limit
- Enclosure Dimensions (HWD): 15.0" x 23.4" x 16.6" (382 mm x 594 mm x 422 mm)
- Amplifier Protection: Thermal limiting, output overcurrent, overtemperature muting, GuardRail
- Amplifiers AC Power Input: Universal power supply 100-240 VAC, 50 to 60 Hz
- Amplifiers AC Power Consumption (1/8 Power): 100 VAC, 2.3 A 120 VAC, 2.01 A 230 VAC, 1.13 A
- Enclosure Weight (Net): 55 lb (25 kg)
- Enclosure Material: Impact resistant ABS
- Amplifiers Cooling: On demand, 50 mm variable speed fan
- Enclosure Finish: Black or white paint
- Enclosure Available Accessories: KLA12 tote, K Series M10 Kit, KLA AF12 Array Frame
- Enclosure Grille: Rugged powder coated steel grille
Write Your Own Review
More from QSC