Radio Design Labs DS-PSP1AF Active Loudspeaker (Stainless Steel)
PA SKU # RDL DSPSP1AF MFR # DS-PSP1AF
- Lifetime Tech Support
- Best Seller!
- Ask a Question
Order Now! We'll Ship It Fast! This item is currently out of stock. Most out of stock orders ship within just a few days (excluding weekends and holidays). We'll keep you up to date the whole way.
- Product Highlights
- 2-Watt RMS Amplifier
- Exceptional Audio Quality
- Connects to Format-A Sender
- Powered from RDL Twisted Pair
- Decora Enclosure
- In Wall or Flat Surface
- Stainless Steel Finish
Decora-Style Active Loudspeaker - Format-A - Stainless Steel - Installer Level AdjustThe D SERIES-PSP1AF is a compact active loudspeaker that delivers rich, detailed sound in Decora-compatible wall or chassis mounts. It is a single-pair audio amplifier module compatible with RDL Format A twisted pair products. The PSP1AF receives audio and 24 Vdc power through a rear-panel RJ45 jack. A rear-panel switch set during installation determines which of the three FORMAT-A pairs is amplified. Amplification is provided by a high-efficiency Class D power stage with audio filtering tailored for crisp, pleasant audio clarity. The high-efficiency Class D output stage produces negligible heat for all levels of expected voice or music modulation. The amplified output level is set by the installer using a volume control located behind the speaker grill. The PSP1AF includes an analog compressor/limiter that makes higher average sound output levels possible without clipping.
The driver is constructed of materials found in premium larger speakers. The unique steel enclosure provides full baffling in a tightly sealed rigid structure. This produces sonic presence within an extended frequency range expected from larger speakers. Internal filtering rolls off out-of-band frequencies to reduce distortion and increase peak power capability. Dispersion covers a spherical area of nearly 180 degrees with the speaker mounted in a wall.
Models are available with grills in black (DB-PSP1AF), white (D-PSP1AF), gray (DG-PSP1AF) or stainless steel (DS-PSP1A).
- Exceptional Audio Quality for Ultra-Compact Size
- 2 Watt RMS Audio Amplifier
- Compressor/Limiter Prevents Clipping
- Connects to Format-A Sender using Twisted-Pair Cable
- Powered from RDL Twisted Pair Format-A Sender
- Gain Set by the Installer
- Acoustically Optimized Decora Enclosure
- Fidelity Comparable to Larger Drivers
- Hemispherical Dispersion Mounted In Wall or Flat Surface
- Input: RDL Format-A
- Input Connection: RJ45
- Format-A Signal Pair Used: Switch-selectable A, B, or C (Rear-panel)
- Gain Adjustment: Single-turn audio taper (set by installer)
- Maximum SPL: 81 dB
- Frequency Range: 150 Hz to 20 kHz, nominal
- CMRR: > 80 dB (50 Hz to 120 Hz)
- Power Requirement: 24 Vdc @ 55 mA (Idle); 100 mA (maximum), Ground-referenced
- Ambient Operating Environment: 0° C to 40° C Maximum; 20° C Recommended
- Dimensions: Height: 4.12 in. 10.46 cm; Width: 1.72 in. 4.37 cm; Depth: 2.27 in. 5.77 cm
- Package Type: Cardboard Box
- Package Dimensions: 3.625 x 4.625 x 2.125 in.
- Shipping Weight: .562 lbs.
- WEEE weight: .423 lbs.
- Tariff code: 8518.40.2000
Write Your Own Review
More from Radio Design Labs