Radio Design Labs RU-NL4P Network to Line Level Interface with PoE
PA SKU # RDL RUNL4P MFR # RU-NL4P
- Lifetime Tech Support
- Best Seller!
- Ask a Question
- Product Highlights
- Converts 4 Dante to Line Level
- Normal or Hot-Standby PoE Operation
- Line-Level Outputs
- Low-Noise & Low-Distortion
- Crosstalk Below the Noise Floor
- Signal LEDs Indicate Audio
- 24-Bit Digital to Analog Conversion
- Superb Audio Performance
- Outputs Mute when Inputs are Inactive
Network to Line Level Interface - Dante Input - 4 Balanced Line Outputs - with PoEThe RU-NL4 modules are Dante audio network interface products compatible with line-level audio equipment inputs. These modules are designed to be mounted in equipment racks, closets, conference tables and on shelves or backboards in commercial/industrial installations.
APPLICATION: The RU-NL4 is a high quality converter that provides professional line-level outputs from four Dante network audio channels. Each output provides +4 dBu balanced for a network digital audio level of -18 dBFS. The professional output directly interfaces with other professional and commercial equipment without the need for additional gain. Crosstalk is below the noise floor between all outputs across the entire audio spectrum. The noise floor is better than 80 dB below operating level with greater than 18 dB of headroom.
One front-panel green signal LED corresponds to each of the four Dante input channels. Received audio level is indicated on the variable-intensity LED indicator, facilitating setup when a networked computer is not connected at the module's location.
The RU-NL4 is powered from an external 24 Vdc power supply, available separately. The RU-NL4P is equipped to operate from a PoE enabled network switch. The RU-NL4P will reserve power from the switch even while being powered from an external 24 Vdc supply. If PoE power and an external 24 Vdc supply are both feeding an RU-NL4P, the unit will run from the external supply and will seamlessly switch over to PoE power upon loss of the external supply.
The RU-NL4's superior performance specifications make it ideally suited to the most demanding installations, and an exceptional value in commercial networked audio systems.
The RU-NL4 is constructed in a durable, professional all-metal enclosure suitable for free-standing, surface-mounted or rack-mounted operation. This full-featured product is engineered and manufactured in the U.S.A for continuous duty in demanding installations. Built to last. Built to outperform.
- Converts Four Dante Network Audio Signals to Professional Line Level
- Line-Level Outputs Provide +4 dBu with > 18 dB Headroom
- Exceptional Low-Noise and Low-Distortion Performance
- Crosstalk Below the Noise Floor
- Signal LEDs Indicate Audio for Each of the Four Dante Audio Sources
- High Resolution 24 Bit Digital to Analog Conversion
- Legendary RDL Analog Filtering Enhances Superb Audio Performance
- LED Indicators Show Network Sync Status
- Outputs Mute when Digital Audio Inputs are Inactive
- Normal or Hot-Standby Operation from PoE (Model RU-NL4P)
- Equipped for Rack Mounting or Surface Mounting
- Network Connector: RJ45 with Link and Speed indicators
- Digital Audio Ethernet Protocol: Dante
- Transmission Rate: 100 Mbps
- Sample Rates Supported: 44.1 kHz, 48 kHz (default)
- Bit Depth Supported: 24 bits
- Audio Operating Levels: -18 dBFS = +4 dBu
- Outputs (4): Balanced, detachable terminal block
- Output Level: +4 dBu (nominal)
- Output Impedance: 150 Ω balanced; 75 Ω unbalanced
- Frequency Response: 20 Hz to 20 kHz (± 0.5 dB)
- THD+N: < 0.05%
- Noise below +4 dBu: < -80 dB (output active); < -95 dB (outputs muted)
- Crosstalk: < 85 dB (20 Hz to 20 kHz)
- Headroom above +4 dBu: > 18 dB
- Indicators (9): Power In (1); Audio Signal LEDs (4), Network Sys and Sync (2), Ethernet Link and Speed (2)
- Power Connections (2): Power Jack; Detachable Terminal Block
- Ambient Operating Environment: 0° C to 40° C
- Power Requirement: 24 Vdc @ 110 mA, or PoE (RU-NL4P)
- PoE (RU-NL4P): Class 0, IEEE 802.3af
- Dimensions: 5.8" (15 cm) W; 1.7" (4.3 cm) H; 5.2" (13.2 cm) D
- Package Type: Cardboard Box
- Package Dimensions: 6 x 6 x 2.625 in.
- Shipping Weight: 1.576 lbs. (RU-NL4); 1.601 lbs. (RU-NL4P)
- WEEE weight: 1.316 lbs. (RU-NL4); 1.341 lbs. (RU-NL4P)
- Tariff code: 8517.18.0050
Write Your Own Review
More from Radio Design Labs